Monday, April 11, 2011

Tuesday's Test

Tuesday morning, April 12th, the angiogram will be performed at 12:00 noon...more or less...by Dr. Patel. Dr. Patel is highly respected by the local medical community and is known by the doctors at Cedar-Sinai.
I am actually looking forward to finding out the results of the angiogram.....they will define the future course of treatment. If a stent is installed, I will be the better for it and that is a relief. However, it could mean a delay of surgery to remove the tumor if I am required to take blood thinners.

I must admit that all this is hard to grasp. I liken this experience to waiting in the roller-coaster line, distracted by all around me, only to suddenly be ushered onto the loading dock and be expected to hop into a seat and belt up......"Whoa!!! Wait a second, Mr. Conductor! Can I have my money back?" But there is no choice but to go for the ride....I'll try not to scream. No refunds in this "amusement" park...it's the policy.

Sue and Scott will be there with me, and that gives me great comfort and confidence. I will be conscious throughout the procedure, listening to Dr. Patel describing what he sees and what he needs to do. Dr. Patel speaks in that sing-song Indian manner and with my .44 magnum blown-out eardrum I expect to ask him to repeat what he has just said quite often.....I hope we don't get tired of one another.

Actually, I'd rather be in Ojai. The citrus blossoms are intoxicating and there are wildflowers in the green fields and meadows. They show their colors only for those who care to look and wonder at their simple and shortlived beauty. Stop and look when you get the chance. Think of some loved-one as you do.

Steve

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Hamrock
    You are in my thoughts and prayers everday. Though it feels like forever, I remember how amazing your were in my childhood and the memories you created for my brothers and I. Thank you for sharing this time with us, and I wish we could be there with you. I love you.
    Megan Brick O'Grady

    ReplyDelete