Saturday, April 9, 2011

Answers to Questions I am Often Asked.....

Following are answers to questions that I am most asked (or what I think people want to ask):

"Why (How, When) have you lost weight?"
   I have reduced my weight intentionally by reducing my calorie intake and exercising. No magic formula;
   no lap belt; no potions or pills....it is really very simple. I try to walk an average of ten miles a week and
   I exercise with weights for about twenty minutes every other day. I don't remember the last time I had a
   cheeseburger. I expect to look like Jack LaLanne in about three months.....maybe a bit longer. Oh yeah..!
   Jack is dead (RIP)...well, you all know what I mean.

"Is the cancer the cause of your weight loss?"
  Not directly, but the occasional discomfort and cramping I originally attributed to certain foods and
  indigestion or pancreatitus, inspired me to change my diet. As far as I know, the cancer has had no
  direct role in my weight loss. I think fashion had the biggest role....like having to wear colorful tents for
  shirts.....that is embarrassing.

"How do you feel?"
  The irony is that I feel great. I don't remember what I felt like when I was 24, but I have never felt better
  in many years. One of the biggest surprises was being able to feel my ribs...at first I thought there was  something wrong...but my Gray's Anatomy book revealed that those things were my ribs. Oh yes, I can
 also see my belt buckle and other things when I look down.

"Can you feel the tumor?"
   Nobody has asked me this, but I know the question has occured to many...including myself. The answer is
   "No"..not even the Doctors have felt a lump....and they have most assuredly probed and prodded my
   tummy looking for it.

"Do you think you are going to die?"
   Another unasked question...though a young child might ask...
   My answer is..."Some Day"

Please feel free to ask any other questions...I will answer.


Steve

1 comment: