Thursday, May 5, 2011

Three Weeks....

Today marks the third week since my heart surgery. I think the procedure was just being wrapped up at this hour twenty-one days ago. I wouldn't be conscious for hours. It would be dark outside when I did come out of the fog of anesthesia. It's all a blur now...just vignettes stand out now. Today is a pretty good day, just a little pain in my chest. I haven't taken any Tylenol for several days now.

I confirmed the count of 95 trees this morning....sequoias, sycamores, liquid ambers, birch, japanese maples, and oaks. I expect a bumper crop of acorns this fall, which means squirrels and jays will be dropping by.

The butterfly census includes: Mourning Cloaks, Tiger Swallowtails, Fritillaries, a Sara Orangetip (a rare sighting), and the ubiquitous "Cabbage" butterfly.....all white with a black spot on each wing.

A pair of Wren-like birds have occupied a birdhouse I hung from a branch last fall. There is a nest in the house and I see the nervous little birds flying back and forth with some insect in their beaks.
The hummingbird population is booming. These busy little creatures buzz around collecting nectar, insects and cobwebs for their nests. I often see one just outside my window. Have you ever watched a hummingbird hover over a bush or treebranch and been amazed that the downdraft from their wings disturbs the vegetation? This from a creature that cannot be felt in the hand because they are so light.

I intend to visit the factory Friday and give my regards to all. I just don't want to be asked about leadtimes.
I do miss the place and all the buzz involved in getting work out the door. I do know I cannot go back to the routine that entangled me in the past. I want to be a mentor and develop leadership skills.

That is all for now......

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment