Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My First Shower

I want to share a humorous story before I forget it:

Prior to release from the hospital I was told I would be shown how to shower my body. Of course, this instruction was to be given by a nurse. After giving it some thought I came to the conclusion that such instruction could only be done with the nurse in the shower with me....so I began to ponder what she would wear..... A raincoat?....... A bathing suit? (and what kind?)....... How could she show me how to shower without getting wet? Or was getting wet part of the experience?

Well...one doesn't think straight after five hours or more under anesthesia just a few days before.

To my relief and slight disappointment, the nurse did not get into the shower with me. Verbal instructions were enough. Besides, Sue was standing there and I don't think she would have allowed any hanky-panky.

Steve

1 comment:

  1. Bwhahahahahahaaaa!!

    This is so funny that I screamed with laughter and so did Tom (who had a shit-eating grin on his face, with eyes that twinkled in wicked delight). I am so thrilled to know my brother is alive and well.

    Thanks for making my day.

    Midge

    ReplyDelete