Sunday, May 29, 2011

Late Sunday Night......a Few Thoughts

It is 9:30 p.m. Sunday evening and I have settled down. I'll be sleeping in a sitted position for a few nights at least. The abdominal muscles now have a nice clean incision sweeping down vertically and these are the guys I counted on to help me get up early-on after the heart surgery. They are out-of-service for the next several weeks.

I am tired, so tonight's message will not be as witty and as long as I intended. I now think this recovery will not be as difficult or as painful as I expressed last week. We are experts at "pain management", or think we are, and maintaining the scheduled flow of the two little capsules seems to keep me in a tolerable comfort zone. I look forward to a decent night's sleep, though the medication induces weird little dream images that startle me awake.

Ooops!....I just drifted off....... so I will say goodnight with the promise of taking up "pen and paper" tomorrow.

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment