Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August First ...

Three weeks ago today I began my preparation for the hernia repair and not without misgivings. Physically, fasting and drinking no liquids after a certain hour, it was not a challenge. I had essentially been on a very low calorie, near starvation diet for three weeks in order to lose weight and ease the surgeons job. I lost ten pounds in that time. However, in dealing with the doctor-predicted difficulties I would experience in recovery, I couldn't help but have some second thoughts about going forward with the procedure. But one is swept along by events and I knew that it was best to have the hernia repaired...if for no other reason than to rid my physique of that "Alien" bulge.

As it is, I am in disbelief at how well I feel. I stopped the hydrocodone over a week ago, went to Tylenol Super-Strength, and stopped the latter on a regular basis several days ago. I took my first mile-long walk on Monday at a slower pace than usual and felt some fatigue afterward. But each day I feel more "normal".

SRH

No comments:

Post a Comment